NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup
NetApp has joined with Syncsort to offer NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup (NSB), a turnkey data protection solution that combines Syncsort management software with core NetApp technologies and high-performance NetApp disk storage.
Syncsort leverages NetApp SnapVault® block-incremental replication to offer D2D and D2D2T backup for heterogeneous environments as well as advanced VMware recovery capabilities.
NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup can deliver a combination of 95% faster backups, 95% VM backup impact reduction, and 99.99% backup success rates, all while using 90% less storage. NSB leapfrogs the competition with the ability to restore any backup as a virtual machine, and with the ability to eliminate the "restore window" entirely by directly mounting a backup and using it immediately. NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup provides complete data protection coverage across disk, tape, and disaster recovery.
A competitive alternative to Avamar and Data Domain
The benefits of NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup extend far beyond those of source-side and target-side deduplication appliances or VTLs. NSB shrinks the backup window and reduces the backup storage footprint on disk. But it also:
- Reduces backup impact on CPU, disk I/O, and VM performance
- Reduces network traffic
- Seamlessly writes data out to tape
- Speeds recovery with advanced file, application, server, VM, bare metal, and disaster recovery capabilities
NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup provides faster backups, faster restores, and lower total cost of backup for heterogeneous and virtualized environments.
- Heterogeneous block-level D2D and D2D2T backup with Oracle®, Exchange, SQL® and VMware® integration
- Catalog-based wildcard search and restore functionality spans disk and tape
- Automated Bare Metal Restore
- SnapMirror® integration for DR replication and recovery
- Integration with VMware for instant, automated P2V and V2V recovery