– A UK rail network provider
The company had an existing Citrix infrastructure which they used extensively to provide applications and desktops to staff, they also used XenMobile to manage corporate-owned mobile devices. However, they found that staff needed to share documents between teams and access them from desktop and mobile devices. Some staff also had a requirement to share large files with external users, these were too big to be sent via email.
EACS implemented Citrix ShareFile to allow secure file-sharing. This was the most suitable solution as it provided compatibility for the Citrix and non-Citrix users, offering secure access to their documents from any device. StorageZones Controllers were implemented in the datacentre and DR site using the existing Citrix NetScaler for secure authentication and load balancing.
- Staff and external contacts can sync, share and collaborate on documents securely from anywhere
- Secure, instant access to corporate data – online or offline
- Data is protected and the IT department retains control and full audit trail
- ShareFile Sync for XenDesktop only synchronises files on demand and therefore retains fast logon
- ShareFile is compatible with XenMobile and stored in an encrypted area on mobile devices