A growing local convenience store chain with shops throughout the UK.
The organisation needed an agile and scalable platform to support their ambitious growth plans. They had a complex IT infrastructure with multiple solutions delivering similar services, which added cost and complexity. All stores used Exchange 2010 as the main method of communication but issues with email stability following a number of outages and limited resource for support had reduced confidence in the system.
The stores are managed by Area Managers who communicate information to Head Office. However, this was often a manual and inefficient process. Area Managers had limited access to company data and staff spent a lot of time travelling between sites for regional meetings, decreasing productivity.
EACS implemented Office 365 cloud services. A hybrid Exchange 2016 mail environment was set up to permit migration to Exchange Online, increasing the availability and reliability of mail services.
Identity federation was configured with the on-premise Active Directory (following consolidation and remediation) to enable single sign-on through the deployment of Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), ADFS Proxy and Domain controllers in Microsoft Azure.
Office 365 also provided Skype for Business instant messaging communication services and cloud storage through SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business enabling the easy sharing of data from any location or device.
· Agile solution which allows the business to respond to changing business needs
· Improved collaboration and mobility allowing staff to access applications and data more efficiently from all locations and devices
· Complete security of all corporate data shared across all devices
· A more robust email platform with improved uptime and continuity of service
· Takes advantage of the additional functionality, security and service continuity offered by Office 365 and other integrated cloud solutions