Power Platform Consultant - location: eacs Huntingdon/Client sites as needed/Remote
Department - Professional Services (Apps & Data Practise)
Reports to - Head of Consultancy
The Power Platform Consultant will work within eacs' Apps & Data practice, specialising in the Microsoft Power Platform.
The role will be responsible for creating end-to-end solutions for our clients, as well as supporting the development of internal solutions such as HR tools and knowledge based bots.
The Apps & Data Practice focuses on the Microsoft Power Platform, as well as the associated ecosystem such as SharePoint, Teams and the Dataverse.
You will have strong documentation skills, with an understanding of the requirements for building line-of-business solutions and application lifecycle management.
An essential part of this role will be designing consistent modern application front ends to a high standard, therefore experience with UI design is desired alongside an understanding of reporting best practices.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Designing and creating Power Platform solutions
- Designing and creating Power Bl based dashboard and reporting solutions
- Producing Low Level Designs and Configuration Reference Documentation
- Delivering design workshops to confirm requirements and scope
- Integrating data between 3rd party applications using REST APIs
- Identifying ways to improve and optimise business processes
- Designing modern Uls
- Creating solution templates and components to be used in a repeatable fashion
- Quality assurance and ALM
- Upkeep and development of a Centre of Excellence
- Debugging and troubleshooting
- Documenting project processes, including change requests to a high standard
Person Specification - Essential
- An appetite for learning
- Experience with the Power Platform, including one or more of Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Bl and Dataverse
- Ability to take ownership of and progress issues to resolution and work under pressure
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems
Person Specification - Desirable
- Experience working with and customising Dynamics365
- Experience with the Microsoft 365 Suite, with a strong understanding of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Online
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure
- Experience using REST APIs
- Database knowledge - queries, indexing, stored procedures
- Familiarity with web technologies such as HTML, CSS, PHP, Liquid
eacs Ltd aims to ensure that no job applicant or worker receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief or lack of belief, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, gender reassignment, marital status (including civil partnership), sexual orientation, trade union membership or lack thereof, status as a fixed term or part time worker, or disability. Selection criteria and procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure that individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities. All workers will be given equal opportunity and access to training to enable them to progress both within and outside the organisation. This organisation is committed to a programme of action to make this policy effective and will bring it to the attention of all workers.