Pre-Sales Solution Architect - eacs Huntingdon/Customer sites/Remote
An eacs Pre-Sales Solution Architect provides design services and thought leadership to eacs existing and potential customers. The Pre-Sales team is led by the CTO and whilst focused on technical pre-sales, commercial awareness and an understanding of competitive solutions is required.
A Solutions Architect is expected to maintain broad IT knowledge and demonstrate subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Data Centre solutions
- Cloud solutions
- End user computing
- Cyber security
The SA is responsible for the technical components of design documents and should also have a good understanding of the commercial impact on eacs and the customer. The SA should focus on providing the best value for the customer whilst maximising the revenue opportunity for eacs.
The SA is the key conduit between the Sales and Delivery organisations within eacs and must balance the needs of both to ensure the best outcomes can be achieved for both eacs and its customers.
- Broaden the scope of engagement by understanding the customers’ business, existing IT estate and market trends to identify appropriate solutions to drive product and managed service revenue
- Build and nurture relationships on multiple levels within eacs’ client portfolio including where appropriate white-boarding presentations or workshops to inform technology roadmaps and designs
- Build and maintain good relationships with eacs’ key partners; attend and support vendor and joint events including delivering breakout or round-table sessions on relevant topics
- Assist the Sales Team in developing their understanding and knowledge of technology to identify and qualify new opportunities
- Mitigate risk by ensuring the recommended solutions are fit for purpose and complementary to existing solutions and within eacs' capability
- As an individual or as part of a team, supply detailed design solutions based on standardised components from the eacs portfolio to facilitate efficient delivery
- Liaise with appropriate eacs teams to deliver a concise accurate solution or technical advice that is best able to meet the clients’ business needs
- Play a prominent role in responding to RFIs, RFPs, ITTs etc.
- Assist the company to grow its annuity income stream by maximising all potential annuity opportunities
- Champion new and innovative technologies into eacs that provide good market opportunity
- Utilise standard templates, document repositories and processes in the production of pre-sales collateral, providing feedback to assist with continuous improvement of internal processes, templates and procedures
- Demonstrable experience (5 years+) in IT in a design or consultative capacity
- Proven infrastructure design capabilities (HLD and LLD)
- Experience of IT Managed Services and associated frameworks such as ITIL
- Domain knowledge of Cloud solutions and best practices
- Domain knowledge of SANs, Enterprise, Networking
- Recognised vendor accreditations with vendors such as Microsoft, Citrix, NetApp, HPE, VMware, Sophos, Mimecast, Nutanix
- Experience of security products, solutions and regulatory / compliance requirements
- Business analysis skills to understand and expand customer requirements
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to adapt to current technologies to requirements
- Possess a broad range of skills from traditional OS and application, and networks, storage and interoperability
- Proven customer service skills
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, white board and PowerPoint)
- Ability to take ownership of and progress issues to resolution and work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team and to support team members
- Ability to build good working relationships with internal and external contacts
EACS Ltd aims to ensure that no job applicant or worker receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief or lack of belief, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, gender reassignment, marital status (including civil partnership), sexual orientation, trade union membership or lack thereof, status as a fixed term or part time worker, or disability. Selection criteria and procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure that individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities. All workers will be given equal opportunity and access to training to enable them to progress both within and outside the organisation. This organisation is committed to a programme of action to make this policy effective and will bring it to the attention of all workers.