2nd Line Engineer - Cambridgeshire
Responsible for providing technical IT support to both internal and external customers.
- Experience of MSP Environments
- Monitoring Tools (NOC)
- Knowledge of Virtualisation Environments
- Knowledge of Storage Platforms
- Networking skills
- Firewall skills
- ITIL Experience
- Educated to GCSE level in Math’s and English or equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Microsoft Server and Desktop OS
- Installation of Windows OS
- Microsoft Exchange & O365
- Proven Customer service skills
- To handle escalations from 1st Line Support according to the company’s escalations process
- Handling the end-to-end process of major incidents including all communication with internal/external customers
- To ensure SLA’s are met and maintained for all customers
- To ensure aged tickets are adhered to company standards
- To be a role model/mentor for all 1st Line Engineers
- To provide essential training for new starters and 1st Line Engineers
- To ensure all manuals and processes are relevant and up to date according to company standards
- To actively contribute towards the creation and the maintenance of knowledge based articles
- Continual learning and development of key skills and competencies for your position
- To aid 1st Line Engineers with phone support to external customers in order to achieve first time fixes
- Assist 1st Line Engineers with incoming phone calls when required by Line Manager
- To provide internal technical support for eacs systems including server, desktop and networking infrastructure
- To liaise with and build strong working relationships with stakeholders
- To record all calls to ensure accurate information about the client’s systems is maintained and available to other support personnel and account managers.
- Escalate issues in line with guidance.
- To work with other support staff to build knowledge and skills pertinent to the sites supported.
- To comply with all necessary working practices relating to the customer site.
- To build strong relationships with customer account managers.
- To take a proactive approach to customer IT systems to ensure problems are avoided and the longer-term development of the customer IT systems are considered.
- To be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- To be able to manage demanding users on customer sites who have high expectations.
- To be able to communicate technical issues and concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Active involvement and governance surrounding projects to ensure that the Service Desk can adequately operate and support the service in question
- Work together with your Line Manager to develop and enhance your knowledge and skill sets.
- There may be a requirement to provide cover to other customer sites when absence by other engineers dictates.
- To complete PC Builds, Installation of Operating Systems and peripherals for internal and external customers when required
- Any other relevant tasks commensurate with your position, as directed by your Line Manager or appropriate Company Director.
Behaviours & Key Competencies
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- To have a flexible approach and attitude.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to follow processes
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
- Ability to take ownership of and progress issues
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team and support team members.
Critical Success Factors
- Successful attainment of customer SLAs.
- Achieving KPI targets
- Reducing outstanding Service Desk calls
- Reduce the resolution time of customers
- Move to the Left Philosophy
- Continuous Improvement